Kel-Crete Premium Liquid & Dry Admixtures for Gunite
Kel-Crete Premium Liquid Admixture is a NON-TOXIC admixture that provides WATER REDUCING, PLASTICIZING, AIR ENTRAINING and GELLING functions for the PLASTER, STUCCO, SHOTCRETE, MASONRY, GUNITE, CONCRETE etcetera mortar ndustries. Except for shotcrete and concrete, the Kel-Crete is normally induced at the job site. Kel-Crete admixture is a replacement to HYDRATED LIME and SILICA FUME.
Kel-Crete meets EPA LEEDS and CARBON FOOTPRINTING standards. The product is packaged four gallons to a case, or in 55-gallon drums.
Gunite Specification Options:
1. Plant Blending: Blend 8 to 12 ounces of Kel-Crete Premium Super Dry by weight per 7 sacks per cubic yard. Due to the fact that such a small amount is required the mix may need to be blended 5 to 10 minutes longer than other admixtures.
2. Job-Site Blending: Blend 8 to 12 ounces by weight per cubic yard of Kel-Crete Premium Super Dry into the dry blend mixer.
3. Job-Site Mxing: Blend 4 to 5 ounces of Kel-Crete Premium Liquid Admixture into the required per-cubic yard of water reservoir/tank.
Gunite Contractors’ Feedback of Experienced Benefits:
1. Increased bonding.
2. Greatly reduced rebound/material waste.
3. Able to increase gunite thickness per application.
4. Increase water retention.
5. Improved curing.
6. Greatly reduced materials and labor costs.
7. Replaced use of costly silica fume.
8. Very pleased that Kel-Crete is non-toxic.
9. Increased psi values.
Both liquid and dry admixtures meet EPA Leeds and carbon footprinting Standards as non-toxic admixtures made in the USA. 51 years Without failure.
Independent Laboratory Test Reports
For more than 50 years Kel-Crete Premium Liquid Admixture has been a leader in the plaster, masonry, shotcrete, concrete, etc, admixture industries. Test reports support this fact!
Test reports (PDF) under “Test Reports”.
ASTM Test Reports at a Glance:
ASTM C-185 Air Content
ASTM C-109 Compressive Strength
ASTM C-109 Water Retention
ASTM C-109 Flow
ASTM C-157 Shrinkage
ASTM C-151 Autoclave Soundness
ASTM C-1072 Flexural Bond
ASTM C-494 & C-260
UBC 24-19 Initial Set Times
UBC 24-19 Final Set Times